Our Training Offerings
IGC Solutions offers a variety of training programs. Our signature training programs are built around understanding and improving communication amongst an age-diverse population in organizations, and improving non-profit board effectiveness. Other programs related to organizational communication or organizational development can be designed upon request.
Four generations currently make up the integral mix of most organizations, with five of the six current living generations occasionally present. With possible ages spanning 14 to 80, age-diverse conflict is inevitable. Through the use of large and small group discussion and hands-on, experiential activities, participants will gain a greater understanding of what contributes to generational differences and learn how to use these differences to build stronger working relationships.
This program is best suited to a 2 to 4-hour workshop, but can be condensed to a 30-minute lunch and learn program or dinner meeting. The 30-minute program can also be provided virtually.
Workshop participants will be able to:
- Better understand how their own values contribute to reduced productivity in generationally diverse situations.
- Move beyond values-based stereotypes to better understand the importance of seeing what individuals bring to organizations.
- Gain an understanding of how behavior styles influence non-verbal communication.
- Communicate in a manner that encourages collaboration and participation.
- Learn what drives employee engagement in generationally diverse organizations so that top talent of any age can be retained.
Serving on a non-profit board can be rewarding, but when board members feel overwhelmed, unprepared, or uncertain about their roles or responsibilities, IGC Solutions can help. This workshop is a great onboarding tool to bring new board members up to speed on expectations and responsibilities, and can be a great refresher for existing board members. IGC Solutions will tailor this program to your organization’s specific onboarding needs.
Here’s what you will learn:
- The different types of non-profit boards
- The definition of a healthy non-profit association or organization
- The role succession planning plays in healthy organizations
- What kind of organizational knowledge is needed for effective board representation
- What personal accountability and commitment is expected (financial and/or time)
- The role board members play in daily operations
This workshop can be provided as a 2-hour workshop or can be designed to fit into 45-minute sessions.
In addition to our full slate of professional training offerings, we can also work with your organization to develop training on a variety of communication-related needs. The following are additional areas of training we’ve developed that can be easily adjusted to meet your specific needs.
- Diversity Training
- Conflict Management/Resolution
- Social Media Pitfalls and Solutions in 21st Century Organizations
- MBTI: Myers-Briggs
- Strength-Finders and Strength-Based Leadership